Device to temporarily disable video cameras by projecting a large, high-intensity laser beam at them.
Infrared laser diodes can be used for covert operations, but are harder to aim (you can't see them) and can be filtered out in higher quality color cameras.
Prototype setup uses a group of laser diodes bouncing off a vibrating disco ball. Large flashlights may also work and will be cheaper.
- none yet
- Device to Cause RF Interference in Electronics
- Shared Attention Detection System and Method HP patent application for disabling cameras. (122k PDF)
- HP Focuses on Paparazzi-Proof Cameras
- Crave Privacy? New Tech Knocks Out Digital Cameras (PDF)
- Capture Resistant Environment Various techniques for camera detection and jamming
- Russian Billionaire Installs Anti-Photo Shield on Giant Yacht
- Celebrity Photographer 'Laser Shield' - Is it Legal?